This server isn't newbie-friendly

I’m sorry if the title seems like an over exaggeration, but something has to get people inside this thread :wink:

I started a few days ago on this server after not playing for over 8 years. I remember it had some aspect of grinding your gear before you reach the pvp area, and I really don’t mind grinding. I’ve spent countless hours grinding few years ago and I don’t mind grinding; that is if it’s not designed poorly.

• Map 3 contains numerous new monsters that include new drops (rampage gear quest, pearls, etc…). They are tough but you can solo them (disclosure: I play shadow-off) with some element of skill (which is great, unlike gems\ore which are always filled with bots grinding). BUT, for some reason, these monster drop loads of unnecessary gear (mostly 165 con\dex armors, which for 99.9999% are trash and have no incentive to even look at it, but countless meat and uncooked meat). this takes time to sort this junk items and drop them a side, creates issues picking up the loot and just wastes all your time making these places unworthy of farming, and chasing the rampage questline a nightmare).
  • Gem\Metal packages drop from countless monsters in map 3. you right click them and open a random gift. this is all nice, but why can’t it sort itself into an existing slot? if i have 150 spens, and I just opened a gift containg spens, why does it create a slot of 3 spens instead of transferring it into 153? this wastes time, slots and just messes up the grinding phase. a simple coding shouldn’t absorb all of the grinders time. this applies to teddy bear as well.
  • HUGE gap between grinding places and tough mini bosses, forcing you to co-op with others to hunt down bosses in order to upgrade your gear. I am a big believer in this idea of forcing people to group up to take these bosses, but it seems end-game players have no Incentive of going boss hunting. I’ve spent hours looking for a group to boss-hunt (as a life-off, which is necessary I believe) to no single reply. It seems either no one is online (which could be true), but also no one has enough Incentive of doing it over grinding metals\ores. you can’t do these things alone, forcing you so behind these end-game players and their gear.
  • TOO MUCH NPCS! There’s too much NPC’s with little information on them. countless quests which everyone says are worthless doing and seems outdated. dozen of NPC’s which seems outdated (Insane jewellery are worse then beginner? why is it still there?). there are some guides on forum to read upon them, but nothing to explain all these weird gaps (beginner gear bought in gold is better then gear bought in medals [firestone? not sure on name, those in wk\ak], beginner jewelry is better then insane NPC, random quests which are outdated according to people ingame). clear some unused NPC’s, they are not adding anything and just stacking the map.

I’m having really fun just grinding metals and ores, but these setbacks are just poorly designed and can be easily fix to help us improve this server and fill in more people. I understand a lot of these issues are caused by lack of people in my time zone, but a lot of issues could be fixed by fixing small stuff and helping the newbies start easily on this server.

1 Like

Hello there @Bloodraven

First of all, Welcome back! We highly appreciate your enthusiasm for playing the game after 8 years! We are glad you have given the game a try and have pointed out everal things you found was off. You have stated important points here that our team has been working on lately. Here’s what we have for you and the community based on the 4 points you have stated.

Point 1: Your reasoning is very much justified on Map 3 as an unworthy farming spot due to the fact that the junk item drops are simply too much. Our solution is, we are working on reducing items that are not valuable in the upcoming update so that grinding becomes more advantages and isn’t too much time consuming too. From our side, we will have to balance out and decide on the best case scenario of the drops and its mechanisms.

Point 2: Trust us, we understand your pain here. We are currently working on a better Item Tracking System. It is quite complex to build a system that sorts items at a specific or highly organize manner but we will get there. However, it is not put under utmost priority at our end as we would like to get several beta updates running well first.

Point 3: The game involves around teamwork a lot, we agree. This has lead to the advantage being greater to those who work as a team. We understand that from a different time zone it is quite difficult to get a substantial amount of people online at that particular time. What we can do is try to improve our player base in numbers to have a more active community at other time zones as well. Besides that, the good news is, we will improve the leveling process for solo levelers on upcoming updates so that leveling alone can be fun, exciting and also wouldn’t consume too much time.

Point 4: The quests are interesting gameplays for character progression. Something that was constructed to give an extra edge to our Warfarians. However, we do apologize for having little information on them. We are working on improving the description on NPC’s and also, we will be removing quests that are no longer applicable for the current season. =D

We would like to thank you for bringing up these points to us. It is constructive comments like these that will help us to make the game better in every possible way.

Do give us more feedback on the upcoming updates as well as the current existing ones either in the forum or join our telegram group at https://t.me/warfareonline to discuss with our community.

1 Like

I just don’t like the fact of getting boxes instead gems/metals directly, it takes up ur inventory really quick and is annoying as hell
I want to grind and farm top stat equipment the natural way and I can’t stay long enough, just 2 mobs and my inventory is full, it’s even worse if u choose MK because of gloves (arms) take x2 the space

@Daedalos
We appreciate your feedback,

On the next update, the character loots are reworked on.
More gold will be dropped instead of junk.

1 Like

i hope this thing will be added as fast as possible… we are newbie here and we hope this server can make it better…

@narong we have recently launched an event which has actually improved the overall droprate from monsters, read here for more info