alt+f4 bug

okay this is the “bug” i’ve encountered:

when i am playing on certain characters, the game will abruptly close like someone is applying alt+f4 to the game window.

this happens only on specific character, if i switch to another character but still from the same account, it usually doesnt close like how it does in the situation described above. sometimes it does, but less frequently.

what i am trying to figure out is a method to prevent the game from being closed by alt+f4 and any other methods other than pressing f11 while in game and choosing exit. can this be done?

for example, yesterday i was streaming and i encountered this abrupt closing “bug”, its very disruptive and essentially i had to end the stream at that point because whenever i tried to log back into that same character, i get kicked from the game similar to what happens when someone is applying alt+f4 but automating it with a script to detect my character name when i logon and kicking it from the game. this is what it feels like. why i think so? cause i can logon to another character from the same account and wont get kick or abruptly terminated, this shows there is nothing wrong with connection or logging into the game at all but feels like someone maybe managed to get admin access and is running a script to detect whenever specific “xyz” character is logon and to kick this game character from the game by abruptly terminating the game similar to users manually using alt+f4 to close the game window but it feels automated

Hi @nightmonz

What particular windows are you using?
And are you using a special symbols in that character’s name?

windows 10

and no special symbols in my character name: nightmonz

maybe u sold admin privileges to someone, made a new gm, a old gm account got hacked or something along these lines? otherwise, i dont think from client side can observe such behaviour.

when i log in with my other character from the same account, wont get kick from game but once i character switch to nightmonz or direct log in and click into nightmonz then very quickly the game terminates like a user manually activating alt+f4. this action is not manual cause i tried to fight it for a long time on many different occasions (different days) and it is triggered as quickly each time it forces my game to close to windows desktop and i dont think a hacker can from client side alone identify by the character name specifically to select for kicking out of the game with a script unless your server admin privileges is also compromised or you sold these special rights to them who are maybe willing to pay decent price or a old gm /admin account got hacked or the hacker simply found a way to hack his way into obtaining admin privileges maybe its not difficult cause its a old game with bad coding

i realize its a thing that only closes the game window when i go to populated places like mercatura

does warfare online need any firewall rules to be set?

either that or the criminals are using some sort of bandwidth limiter and setting it specific to warfare online server ip, because its only when i need to load a lot of players in places like mercatura, then i dc, but if i log into game and stand still i can chat and /c /e no problems on any one of my characters if they happen to be in a place that doesnt have many players

if i login into a place that only have a few players everything is working fine, can chat /c and with guild etc. but as long as i run into a place i need to load many players like mercatura or arena or lohan then the game closes

There are no firewall specifics for Warfare.

The only common issue that we’ve had are antivirus programs randomly quarantining the game files.
You may try to reinstall your graphic drivers and see if that will help.